Most comprehensive source of legal entity reference data.
The Alacra Authority File is a golden copy view into a predefined universe of global legal entities. Each entity meets one or more of these three criteria:
- Has a security listed on a global exchange, or
- Is rated by either Moody’s, S&P, Fitch or A.M. Best, or
- Is a regulated bank or financial institution in the G-20 or European Union
This file contains legal entity reference data for your most common third parties, customers and counterparties.
The Alacra Authority File contains the following information, which is available without any additional content licenses.
- Legal Name, Address, Country of Registration, Phone Number, URL
- Industry classifications including SIC, NAICS, and Opus proprietary categories
- Entity type
- Ultimate parent
- Whether the entity
- has any listed securities, and the name of each exchange and ticker
- is rated by one of the major rating agencies, and the name of the agency
- is regulated by a G-20 and European Union regulator and the name of that regulator
Alacra Authority File Plus
As an enhancement to the Authority File, Opus provides information on other important industry identifiers for entities that do not meet the criteria for inclusion in the Authority File (i.e.- they are not rated, regulated or listed). This file is called the Authority Plus File. Currently the identifiers include:
- LEIs: Legal Entity Identifiers issued by LOUs (Local Operating Units) under the auspices of the Global LEI Foundation (GLEIF).
- FATCA GIINs: The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Global Intermediary Identification Number issued by the US IRS.
These identifiers are also available without any additional content licenses. However, the Authority File also provides cross-reference links to any premium content provider with whom you have a current data license. For example, if you are a verified subscriber to the Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch databases, their ratings can be included in your version of the Authority File.
You can use the interactive charts below to explore the Authority File universe of entities.