Protect the Privacy & Security of Health Information
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) established standards for privacy of individually identifiable health information (Privacy Rule) as well as security standards for the protection of electronic protected health information (Security Rule).
The primary goal of the Privacy Rule is to assure an individual’s health records are properly protected while the information is used to provide high quality health care. The primary goal of the Security Rule is to protect the privacy of an individual’s health records while allowing covered entities to adopt new technologies to improve the quality and efficiency of patient care. Both rules apply to health plans, health care providers, health clearing houses as well as any third party that performs or provides healthcare services on behalf of a covered entity that involves the use or disclosure of individually identifiable health information. Health plans, health care providers and health clearing houses are responsible for ensuring the third parties only use the information for the purposes for which they were engaged, will safeguard the information from misuse and will help them comply with the rules.
Compliance Made Easy
Hiperos 3PM helps health plans, health care providers and health clearing houses simplify and streamline the management of third party HIPAA compliance by automatically:
- Identifying third parties with HIPAA risks
- Assessing the specific risks that need to be controlled
- Determining the controls necessary to mitigate those risks
- Managing the risks (i.e.- Training) and documenting control effectiveness
- Tracking agreed upon remediations through completion
- Maintaining a continuously updated risk register on every third party
- Storing all information as reportable, actionable data across the enterprise