The Cybersecurity Imperative Study Full Report Findings from WSJ.com and ESI Thoughtlab
- October 16, 2018
“If an organization aims to effectively manage cyber risk, continuous investment and improvement are critical and support from senior executives is required.”
In this in-depth report written by editors of WSJ Pro Cybersecurity, benefit from the full findings of the Cybersecurity Imperative, a first-of-its-kind global thought leadership study produced with thinktank ESI Thoughtlab in partnership with leading cybersecurity companies, including Opus.
We surveyed cyber-risk management practices of more than 1,300 organizations globally, along with interviews of key experts and benchmarks across industries.
Cyber-risk is one of today’s leading risks. A single cybersecurity incident can significantly disrupt operations, result in loss of revenues, create regulatory and legal challenges and negatively affect an organization’s reputation.
Yet the risks continue to challenge. From emerging technologies to the challenges of third parties and suppliers, managing cyber-risk has become a board- and enterprise-level concern that extends beyond the bounds of the Information Technology team.
No one part of an enterprise can tackle it alone. CISOs and leadership teams must collaborate to have a clear view of how their companies are addressing cyber-risk – and how data loss could harm the business.
So what steps can be taken? While internal information sharing is improving, this landmark study provides an essential deep dive into external perspectives from global organizations:
- Why is support from executives who set the tone at the top so critical?
- How are organizations are performing in relation to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework?
- What are the economics of cybersecurity and where are organizations are spending their resources?
- What are the perceptions of cybersecurity threats and risks?
- How are enterprise approaching the governance of cybersecurity?
- What can you learn from best-practice organizations now and in the future?
Download the report today for critical guidance for managing your cyber-risk – from third parties and beyond.