Hiperos Network Responder FAQs
I received an email from the Hiperos Network team asking me to review and update our company information. Do I need to take this seriously?
Yes, but first, we recommend you contact your relationship manager at the company requesting information to confirm their request. When you click on the link in the email you received from the Hiperos Network, you will see the information we currently have on file for your company. Please review and update any incorrect items, and enter any missing information.
Is our information kept private?
Yes, Opus does not provide your personal information to third parties, except:
- As described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement and our agreements with Customers;
- If you request or authorize it;
- If Opus is compelled to do so by a governmental authority, regulatory body, or under subpoena or similar governmental request;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request or
- to the third party that is acting as our agent or sub-contractor in performing services (e.g., Opus’ use of a third party telecommunications provider) and (to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Opus may also make Hiperos statistical reports that do not include personal information available to the account holder on whose behalf you are accessing the Application on your performance history with that account holder, and whether such account holder is engaged with other Customers or Third Parties, as the case may be, through the Application. In addition, Opus maintains the right to disseminate data you send to Opus, so long as such data is in an anonymous, aggregated form so as not to identify you.
Opus Global, Inc., and its affiliated companies Hiperos, LLC and Alacra, LLC (previously Alacra, Inc.), participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List, https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Is our information kept secure?
Yes, the Hiperos Network data center controls have been independently reviewed and verified for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy. Our hosting environment has been independently audited to satisfy the requirements of SSAE 16 Type II SOC 1, SOC2 (Security and Availability Only) and SOC3. The reports are available for review under the appropriate confidentiality agreements. A Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) has also validated our hosting service provider to be a PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider. The validation of compliance to the PCI DSS covers:
- Physical security for their data centers
- Network infrastructure (routers and switches) and
- Employee access to network devices
What happens if we don’t register and provide the information requested?
We know responding to information requests can be time consuming and involves sensitive information. Your customer or prospect selected the Hiperos Network because it facilitates this process for both parties in a secure environment that’s easily accessible to all approved stakeholders. You record and maintain the most commonly requested information about your company once in the Hiperos Network, and then you can share it with customers and prospects you choose. You will eliminate duplicate effort and automate information sharing, review and approval processes; saving you time and money. In the end, it’s about working together to reduce the costs, control the risks and increase the performance of your business relationships. Many Hiperos Network customers require their third parties to provide the information requested through the Network as a condition for establishing and maintaining the business relationship.